Saturday 18 April 2015

P is for Paris —a letter of recommendation


The Rock

Victoria 3922
Australia


18 April 2015

Anyone & Everyone
The Entire World


To Whom It May Concern:

It is my great pleasure to recommend Paris to you. Apropos her character, I unreservedly and wholeheartedly vouch for her vibrant personality, savoir faire and impeccable taste.

Paris and I first met thirty-three years ago and I have admired her ever since. Despite the fact that some 17,000 kilometres /10,500 miles separates us, I have made the 23-hour flight on several occasions to rendezvous and renew our friendship. Each time my admiration for her has grown. For grace and charm, Paris is, for me, the nonpareil. Her style is at once classical and avant-garde. She is as chic as she is eclectic.

She is able to move seamlessly between cliques that would confound others, providing haute couture and fine cuisine, or prêt-à-porter and a baguette. Paris will not disappoint.

I trust Paris implicitly and recommend her without reservation.

Sincerely,
Wendy

Song of the Day: Can't go past the inimitable Miles Davis,

Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysee (Take 2), 1958.



Question of the Day: Where in the world would you recommend?

15 comments:

  1. One day, one day, I will get there.
    I will probably make a reservation beforehand though, despite your ballsy recommendation to visit without one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... smarty pants... I hadn't thought of that angle...
      If we win Tattslotto, let's go together... I'd get to drink your wine!

      Delete
    2. You can always count on me for the smarty pants angle. That would be so kind of you to drink my wine in Paris, very thoughtful! Let's make it a really good wine too.

      Delete
  2. I visited Paris between Christmas and New Year in 1984. I was sixteen and even though I didn't have warm enough footwear for that time of year it was magical enough for me to not even care, and that's saying something.
    Where in the world do I recommend? Athens and all the surrounding bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...exactly... it's Paris... It IS magical...
      I am ashamed to say that I have never been to Greece... I'm sure I'd love it...
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Since I have a problem with identifying just one city - I'll say India. :D But I dream of visiting Europe and especially Paris and Spain some day soon!

    Thanks for visiting my "life hacks for happiness" blog. Would love to see your greeting card!

    Vidya
    Crazy Woman with Too Many Blogs
    Nicole's A-Z Asset
    http://vidyasury.com (Oh just one of the 5)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to your amazing country... Many friends have fallen in love with India and I feel sure I would too.,. So much history, beauty, colour, spice, variety... My home country is so very predictable and dull by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been to Paris once (for a day trip) but I did fall in love with the place. Some day I will take my husband back there for a romantic holiday. I love your love letter. :-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I envy those of you who can visit another country on a day trip!

      Delete
  6. Nicely done! :) Fun. Never been to Paris (other than the airport which doesn't count) but I would love to at some point... Maybe next year when the European Storytelling Conference will be there...

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow... that would be amazing.. the perfect time to visit her... Go for it

      Delete
  7. Ahh Paris - wine and cheese and bread and more wine and more bread and more cheese - the three most important food groups and all done SO WELL all in one place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word yes... precisely so... I"ll drink to that...

    ReplyDelete